Founded in: 1944
EARTO Membership: Individual
187 Patent Applications
N/A Industrial Partners
N/A Spin-offs Created
18 H2020 Projects (eCorda March 2018)
Mission: IFP Energies nouvelles (IFPEN) is a major research and training player in the fields of energy, transport and the environment. From research to industry, technological innovation is central to all its activities. As part of the public-interest mission with which it has been tasked by the public authorities, IFPEN focuses on:
• providing solutions to take up the challenges facing society in terms of energy and the climate, promoting the transition towards sustainable mobility and the emergence of a more diversified energy mix;
• creating wealth and jobs by supporting French and European economic activity, and the competitiveness of related industrial sectors.
Vision: Its programs are structured around 3 strategic priorities:
• Sustainable mobility: developing effective, environmentally-friendly solutions for the transport sector;
• New energies: producing fuels, chemical intermediates and energy from renewable sources;
• Responsible oil and gas: proposing technologies that meet the demand for energy and chemical products while improving energy efficiency and reducing the environmental impact.
An integral part of IFPEN, its graduate engineering school – IFP School – prepares future generations to take up these challenges.
Impact Delivered 2017