01 / 07 / 2021
Slovenia takes over EU Council Presidency
As of 1 July 2021, Slovenia took over the rotating EU Council Presidency for the second half of the year, following Portugal. The main priorities
of the Slovenian Presidency are driven by the motto: “Together. Resilient. Europe.” and are based on four areas:
- Facilitate the EU’s recovery and reinforce its resilience
- Reflect on the future of Europe
- Strengthen the rule of law and European values
- Increase security and stability in the European neighbourhood.
According to its programme
in the field of R&I, Slovenia will focus on the following main aspects:
- European Partnerships
- International cooperation
- European Research Area
The Slovenian Presidency will continue to discuss the updated European industrial strategy
, with a focus on the implementation of the strategy, including recovery, dual transition, SMEs, strategic autonomy, and discussions on the state and recovery of some industrial ecosystems.
More information on the Presidency, its priorities and foreseen events