EARTO Innovation Awards Ceremony 2015
14 October 2015, 17.30-21.00 at the BelVue Museum, Brussels –
The 7th edition of the EARTO INNOVATION AWARDS CEREMONY
was held on 14 October 2015, 17.30-21.00
at the prestigious BelVue Museum, next to the Royal Palace. This year, the structure had been reviewed in order to present a wider range of RTOs’ work by creating two categories: “Impact Delivered” and “Impact Expected”. Our guest of honor was European Commissioner for Research, Science & Innovation Carlos Moedas
who delivered a keynote speech highlighting the importance of RTOs as links between academia and industry. After his speech, Commissioner Moedas handed the prizes to the winners.
received the 1st Prize in the Impact Delivered category for the development of 7XE EXTRACTOR
, an innovative welding torch that extracts fumes reducing the welder’s exposure by at least 90%.
In the Impact Expected category, CEA
received the 1st Prize for the development of NAWACap
, a new generation of ultra-fast carbon batteries that can be recharged in a few seconds, for a million of cycles.
You can find more about those innovations and other finalists in the 2015 EARTO Innovation Awards brochure
EARTO Press Release
Commissioner Moedas’ speech
Photos of the event
- CSM Bakery Solutions – Sunfry Baking® Donuts Awarded for Impact Delivered – link
- TNO – TNO ontvangt Europese prijs voor innovatieve lastoorts – 15 October 2015 – link
- Fraunhofer – Fraunhofer IIS’s awiloc® Technology for Positioning Makes EARTO Innovation Awards Final – 15 October 2015 – link
- Fraunhofer – Second Place in EARTO Innovation Award 2015 competition for Fraunhofer ISC – 15 October 2015 – link
- CEA – Prix de l’innovation EARTO 2015 décerné au CEA pour la technologie NAWACap – 15 October 2015 – link
- Innovation Reports – Zweiter Platz beim EARTO Innovation Award 2015 für Fraunhofer ISC – 15 October 2015 – link
- MetaalNieuws – Innovatieve Nederlandse lastoorts Europees bekroond – 16 October 2015 – link
- engineersonline.nl – TNO ontvangt Europese prijs voor innovatieve lastoorts – 19 October 2015 – link