17 / 06 / 2020
EC updated its H2020 Work Programme
On 17 June 2020, the European Commission (EC) updated its current Work Programme on Horizon 2020 programme, aiming at further tacking the COVID-19 pandemic and its socio-economic consequences through research and innovation. The update of the Work Programme makes €641 billion available, which is already part of the EC’s announcement to pledge for €1 billion investment
in research and innovation on 4 May.
EC’s updated actions include:
- €400 million under Access to Risk Finance for InnovFin Infectious Diseases Financial Facility, implemented by the European Investment Bank (EIB).
- €172 million to fund additional research and innovation COVID-19 actions and to extend promising projects which are already underway.
- €50 million in additional support of the Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness and Innovation, for the vaccines’ development.
- €15.5 million to set up a Population Health Information Research Infrastructure to gather and make available data that can support research and policy decisions.
- €3.5 million for the deployment of innovative robotics solutions in healthcare.
Additionally, according to the EC proposals receiving the EIC’s Seal of Excellence
and the most interesting ideas identified during the #EUvsVirus pan-EU Hackathon
will also be benefitted via the EIC Business Acceleration Services
and the EIC Covid-19 Challenge Platform
EU funding for coronavirus research