01 / 10 / 2020
EC published the list of members of the Platform on Sustainable Finance
On 1 October 2020, the European Commission (EC) published the list of members of the Platform on Sustainable Finance, in which three EARTO Members have been appointed:
- Ms Steigvilė Byčenkienė from FTMC, Lithuania
- Ms Garbiñe Manterola from BRTA, Spain
- Ms Marzia Traverso from RWTH Aachen, Germany
The platform is an advisory body subject to the EC’s horizontal rules for expert groups and is made up of experts from the private and public sector. The four main aims of this group of experts are as follows:
- Advise the EC on the technical screening criteria for the EU Taxonomy, including on the usability of the criteria.
- Advise the EC on the review of the Taxonomy Regulation and on covering other sustainability objectives, including social objectives and activities that significantly harm the environment.
- Monitor and report on capital flows towards sustainable investments.
- Advise the EC on sustainable finance policy more broadly.