17 / 09 / 2020
EC launched Horizon 2020-funded European Green Deal Call
On 17 September 2020, the European Commission (EC) launched a €1 billion call for research and innovation projects that focus on the climate crisis and protect Europe’s unique ecosystems and biodiversity. The Horizon 2020-funded European Green Deal Call
will be open for registration from 18 September 2020 until 26 January 2021. According to the EC, the projects funded under this call aim to deliver impact on ten areas. Eight thematic areas cover the key work streams of the European Green Deal:
- Increasing climate ambition
- Clean, affordable and secure energy
- Industry for a clean and circular economy
- Energy and resource efficient buildings
- Sustainable and smart mobility
- Farm to fork
- Biodiversity and ecosystems
- Zero-pollution, toxic-free environments
Two horizontal areas, “strengthening knowledge and empowering citizens”, offer a wider perspective in order to achieve the transformations of the European Green Deal.
As part of the European Research & Innovation Days
which will be held virtually on 22-24 September 2020, a Horizon 2020 Green Deal Call Info Day and Brokerage event will take place.