21 / 11 / 2022
EARTO Policy Trainee
EARTO is looking for a Policy Trainee!
EARTO is currently looking for highly motivated candidates looking for a 6-month paid internship and able to start in early 2023. The intern will mainly support the Policy team and Secretary General.
- Monitoring and reporting on EU news and key EARTO dossiers especially focused on research & innovation (Horizon Europe, European Research Area, etc.).
- Supporting the Policy Team by drafting papers, notes, meetings’ minutes, news, newsletter’s articles, etc. for internal and external use.
- Supporting the Policy team with the management of EARTO Working Groups and Task Forces, incl. meetings’ organisation, drafting PowerPoints, members’ coordination, etc.
- Participating in conferences, webinars, workshops, and other events and reporting to the Policy Team.
- Supporting the Policy Team with the management/coordination of ongoing projects with external stakeholders (OECD, JRC, etc.).
Events’ organisation & administrative support:
- Supporting the organisation of other events such as the EARTO Annual Conference in March
- Updating databases on a regular basis
- University degree (preferably Master Level) – or in the process of completion.
- Interest in EU public affairs and policy-making, especially in the field of Research and Innovation.
- Highly motivated, with a team spirit, proactive attitude, willingness to learn and attention to details.
- Knowledge of EU Institution and policy-making process is an asset.
- Good analytical skills and experience with writing content for reports, briefing notes, website is an asset.
- Familiarity with the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), and knowledge of wordpress and mailchimp is an asset.
- Fluent in English. French or other language(s) are an asset.
- Legally entitled to work in the EU.
- Great opportunity to gain valuable work experience in a stimulating multinational environment.
- Paid internship under Belgian law contract called “contrat d’immersion professionnelle”.
- 6-months internship with a starting date early 2023.
- Please send your CV and cover letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Deadline for application: 9 December 2022.
- Please note that due the high number of applications, only pre-selected candidates will be contacted and informed about next steps.