08 / 10 / 2021
EARTO is currently looking for a highly motivated candidate seeking a 6-month paid internship and able to start as soon as possible. The intern will mainly support the Policy team with research and analysis on EU policy topics linked to Research and Innovation, including monitoring and reporting on EU news, supporting the management of EARTO Policy Working Groups, Task Forces and projects with external stakeholders (e.g. OECD, JRC), attending conferences and workshops in Brussels, and participating in the organisation of EARTO events.
• Monitoring and reporting on EU news and key EARTO dossiers especially focused on research & innovation (Horizon Europe, European Research Area, Digital Europe Programme, and other R&I related policies)
• Supporting the Policy Team by drafting papers, notes, meetings’ minutes, website news, and newsletter articles, for internal and external use.
• Supporting the Policy team with the management of EARTO Working Groups and Task Forces, incl. meetings’ organisation, drafting presentations, coordination with members, etc.
• Supporting the Policy Team with the management/coordination of ongoing projects with external stakeholders (OECD, JRC, etc.).
• Participating in conferences, webinars, workshops and other events (in Brussels or by teleconference) and reporting to the Policy Team.
• Supporting the organisation of EARTO events such as the EARTO Annual Conference in March.
• Updating contact databases on a regular basis.
• University degree (preferably Master Level) – or in the process of completion
• Interest in EU public affairs and policy-making, especially in the field of Research and Innovation.
• Knowledge of EU Institutions and policy-making process is an asset.
• Good analytical skills and experience with writing content for reports, briefing notes, website is an asset.
• Highly motivated, with a team spirit, proactive attitude, willingness to learn and attention to details.
• Familiarity with the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) is essential, and knowledge of WordPress and Mailchimp is an asset.
• Fluency in English is essential. French or other language(s) are an asset.
• Legally entitled to work in the EU.
• Great opportunity to gain valuable work experience in a stimulating multinational environment.
• Paid internship (around 800€/month) under Belgian law contract called “contrat d’immersion professionnelle”.
• Lunch vouchers “Tickets restaurants”: 7€/day.
• Transport in Brussels fully refunded (STIB subscription).
• 6-months internship with a starting date as soon as possible.
• Please send your CV and cover letter in English to email@example.com.
• Deadline for application: 29 October 2021. We encourage early applications: interviews will begin as soon as suitable candidates apply.
• Interviews will take place on Tuesdays at EARTO office in Brussels.