In this new EARTO paper
which brings forward EARTO’s key Recommendations for the design of the ERA Pact for R&I and its future attached Council Conclusions (see also EARTO Recommendations for EU RD&I policy Post-2020
), EARTO Calls on the EC and Member States to:
1. Set-up a concrete roadmap to achieve the 3% EU GDP R&D investment target
with a clear impact-driven approach [ERA Actions 1 & 2].
2. Recognise that Technology Infrastructures are a backbone of the ERA
and define concrete actions for an ambitious European Strategy on Technology Infrastructures (TIs), for instance via dedicated EC Communication and Council Conclusions [ERA Action 10].
3. Co-create Common Industrial Technology Roadmaps with key stakeholders
like RTOs, building upon existing knowledge5
, and deploy them at EU, national and regional levels [ERA Action 5].
4. Streamline EU, national and regional support to Industrial Innovation Ecosystems
and develop the concept of ERA Hubs by creating an effective alignment between existing initiatives7
[ERA Action 6].
5. Develop and exploit effective synergies between EU, National and Regional programme
to leverage technologies and maximise the impact of RD&I investments [ERA Actions 2 & 3].
EARTO remains at the disposal of the EU institutions to further discuss these recommendations and support the deepening and concrete implementation of the new ERA for R&I.