28 / 06 / 2019
DIGITALEUROPE published its recommendations on the R&I partnerships framework
DIGITALEUROPE represents the digital technology industry in Europe, aiming at ensuring industry participation in the development and implementation in EU policies. On 24 June, DIGITALEUROPE published its policy paper, including recommendations on the R&I partnerships framework. Its recommendations consist of:
- The governance of public-private partnerships shall reflect the key role and contributions of the industry;
- Requiring the industry to participate with both in-kind and financial contributions will significantly reduce industry participation;
- Further capping on the partnerships’ budget would endanger the whole partnership landscape;
- The decision to select a specific type of partnership shall be carefully and jointly assessed to ensure relevance;
- The digital industry stands ready to support the co-creation activities and shall be involved throughout the preparatory processes to set-up the partnerships.